My friend gave me this recipe about 11 years ago. She recommended spreading the mixture onto the bread with a tableknife and seperately freezing on parchment paper, then putting in ziplock for quick appetizer. It only takes a second under the broiler to warm and brown them up. Our family has loved this recipe for years. Glad I could help.
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 egg whites
- Trim crust from bread; discard. Cut bread into 2-inch cubes; place in a large bowl, and set aside.
- Melt butter and cheeses in a saucepan over low heat; stir occasionally.
- Beat whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form; fold one-quarter of whites into cheese mixture. Fold into remaining whites. Pour over bread cubes, tossing to coat. Place bread cubes in a single layer on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This