Photo: Ralph Anderson
Yield: 5 1/4 dozen
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- Unsalted butter, melted
- Beat eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer 1 minute; beat in cheeses.
- Unfold phyllo, and cover with a slightly damp towel to prevent pastry from drying out.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on a flat surface covered with wax paper; cut lengthwise into 3 (12- x 6-inch) strips. Brush 1 long side of each strip with melted butter; fold strips in half lengthwise, and brush with butter.
- Place 1 teaspoon cheese mixture at base of each strip; fold right bottom corner over to form a triangle. Continue folding back and forth into a triangle, gently pressing corners together.
- Place triangles, seam side down, on ungreased baking sheets, and brush with butter. Repeat procedure with remaining phyllo sheets, cheese mixture, and butter.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Note: You may freeze unbaked pastries on baking sheets; remove to airtight containers, and freeze up to 2 weeks. Bake as directed without thawing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheese Puffs Recipe at a Glance