Cheese Potato & Smoked Sausage Casserole
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) Idaho patatoes Peeled, boiled and cut into cubes when cool, approx. 1lb
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 4 tablespoon(s) flour
- 2 cup(s) Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Pepper
- 1/2 pound(s) velveeta cheese diced
- 1/2 cup(s) sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 pound(s) skinless smoked sausage
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1: Cut skinless smoked sausage in half, lengthwise, and then chop into 1/2 inch "half moon" cuts. Cook in a frying pan for about 15 minutes, turning frequently to SLIGHTLY brown.
- 2: Meanwhile, put cooked & diced potatoes in 2 quart casserole. Add cooked meat and give it a gentle toss.
- 3: Mix all remaining ingredients (except for shredded cheddar cheese & the paprika) in a saucepan over medium heat until warm, melted and smooth. (Use a whisk and stir constantly.).
- 4: Pour white/cheese sauce over potatoes and meat. Sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top, and then sprinkle paprika evenly over the top.
- 5: Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 35-45 minutes (watch, until golden brown on top).
- 6: NOTE: You can substitute: 1/2 lb. hot dogs, sliced into 1/2-inch slices OR 1/2 lb. ham diced into 1/2-inch dices OR 12 oz. can of Spam diced into 1/2-inch dices, instead of the smoked sausage.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Delacy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheese Potato & Smoked Sausage Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles