Very tasty pizza, definitely put in rotation. I've made the April 2010 CL Deep-dish Pepperoni Pizza several times since it was published but wanted to try this crust since it doesn't need the overnight rise. Great crust, and I used the Basic Pizza Sauce from April 2010 (makes enough to freeze 1/2 the sauce for next pizza night). Otherwise I followed this recipe as written. A little tricky getting from one cookie sheet to the preheated one (stuck to my spatula!) but easy enough to pat back into shape. YUM!
Kids will love this easy cheese pizza that uses bottled pizza sauce and two kinds of cheese. The homemade pizza crust makes it special.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 wedges)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 356
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 10.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 19.1g
- Carbohydrate: 44.5g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 633mg
- Calcium: 357mg
- Basic Pizza Dough
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup fat-free bottled pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Position one oven rack in the middle setting. Position another rack in the lowest setting, and place a rimless baking sheet on the bottom rack. Preheat oven to 500°.
- Remove plastic wrap from Basic Pizza Dough; discard plastic. Brush olive oil over dough. Remove preheated baking sheet from oven, and close oven door. Slide dough onto preheated baking sheet, using a spatula as a guide. Bake on lowest oven rack at 500° for 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Spread sauce in an even layer over crust, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake on middle rack an additional 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese melts. Cut into 12 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes