Easy to prep, made to recipe except subbed panko for fresh breadcrumbs and didn't make sauce. Served with dijon-mashed yukon golds & sauteed spinach. Excellent stuffing, great Fall supper,
Cheese and Pear Pork
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 6 Minutes
- Calories: 321
- Fat: 16.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Protein: 28.7g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 81mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 478mg
- Calcium: 72mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped firm Anjou pear
- 1/2 cup riesling or other white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 (12-ounce) pork tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan over medium heat. Add shallots; cook 6 minutes. Add pear, wine, thyme, and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Cool. Stir in nuts, cheese, crumbs, and parsley.
- 3. Slice pork lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side. Open halves. Place pork between sheets of plastic wrap; pound to 1/4 inch. Top pork with pears; leave 1/2-inch border. Roll, starting with long side; secure pork with picks. Sprinkle with salt.
- 4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large ovenproof pan over medium-high heat. Add pork; sauté 5 minutes, browning all sides. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until a thermometer registers 145°. Remove pork from pan, and let stand 5 minutes. Slice. Bring broth to a boil in pan over medium-high heat; scrape pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 4 minutes.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This