Cheese Pastry Dough
More From Sunset
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (3 oz.) finely shredded aged gouda or gruyère cheese
- 13 tablespoons (6 1/2 oz.) butter that has been cut into chunks
- 10 ounces cold cream cheese (cut into chunks)
- 3 large egg yolks
- In a food processor, combine 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup (3 oz.) finely shredded aged gouda or gruyère cheese, and 13 tablespoons (6 1/2 oz.) butter that has been cut into chunks. Pulse until coarse crumbs form (mixture will be lumpy). Add 10 ounces cold cream cheese (cut into chunks), and pulse 5 times. Add 3 large egg yolks and pulse until dough begins to hold together. Place dough onto lightly floured board and knead until it forms a ball, about 10 times. It should look marbled. Divide dough in half and pat each portion into a flat disk 8 inches wide. Use immediately, or refrigerate or freeze (see below).
- Do-ahead tip: Make dough up to 3 days ahead. Wrap airtight and refrigerate. Alternately, freeze the dough, wrapped airtight, for up to 3 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This