- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 ounces 2% reduced-fat extra-sharp cheddar cheese (such as Cracker Barrel), finely shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 ounces whole-wheat pastry flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 24 pimiento-stuffed manzanilla olives
- calories 74
- fat 5.2 g
- satfat 2.1 g
- monofat 1.5 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 2 g
- carbohydrate 4 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 9 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 177 mg
- calcium 54 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Place first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed for 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth.
Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and pepper in a medium bowl. Add flour mixture to cheese mixture; beat at low speed just until combined (dough will be slightly crumbly).
Pat olives dry. Shape 1 teaspoon dough into a ball; flatten. Place 1 olive in center, working dough around olive until covered. Roll between palms until round and smooth. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining dough and olives to form 24 olivettes. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom. Cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.