Fabulous and fast. A lot of flavor with blue cheese and beer. Use good mustard and beer.
Blue Cheese, Mustard, and Beer Noodles
Reader Margee Berry, of White Salmon, Washington, combined the best flavors of pub fare in this recipe for hearty blue cheese noodles. We prefer it with a beer that's a little bitter, such as an IPA, but feel free to use whatever you have in the fridge. You could also omit the beer and use a little of the pasta water if you like.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 469
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Protein: 16g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 7.8g
- Carbohydrate: 66g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sodium: 553mg
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles or pappardelle pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup beer, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Cook noodles as package directs.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Reduce heat to a simmer, then add mustard and beer.
- 3. Drain noodles and add to the pan; stir to coat. Add 1/4 cup blue cheese, stirring gently to combine, and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup blue cheese and the parsley on top.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note