Give the marinade alone in decorative bottles or include the cheese, olives, and peppers for an appetizer-in-a-jar.
This recipe goes with Marinated Cheese, Olives, and Peppers
Yield: Makes about 3 cups
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients. Pour mixture into an airtight jar or decorative container. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Marinated Cheese, Olives, and Peppers: Combine 1 1/2 pounds cubed firm cheeses (such as Cheddar, Gouda, Havarti, or Monterey Jack); 2 cups olives; and 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag or decorative airtight container. Pour Cheese Marinade over mixture, and chill for 1 hour or up to 2 days. Makes 6 to 8 appetizer servings. Prep: 15 min., Chill: 1 hr.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note