Cheese Grits Souffle
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking grits
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 3/4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 lg. eggs
- 1/3 c. low-fat (1%) milk
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch paprika
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8" by 8" (2 quart) glass or ceramic baking dish or six (6 oz) ramekins.
- 2. In 2-qt. saucepan, heat water to boiling on medium-high. Reduce heat to low. With wire whisk, gradually stir in grits. Continue whisking to eliminate any lumps. Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and grits are creamy. Transfer to large mixing bowl. Stir in butter, Cheddar, and 1/4 tsp. salt until combined.
- 3. In separate small bowl, whisk eggs and milk until combined, then whisk into grits.
- 4. Pour mixture into prepared pan or ramekins. Sprinkle with Parmesan, anad paprika if you like. Bake, uncovered, 45 to 60 minutes in baking dish (30 minutes in ramekins) or until top is golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Make 6 sisde-dish servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note