Cheese Grits Souffle
- 1 cup uncooked regular grits
- 1 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Cook grits in a large Dutch oven according to package directions. Add cheese; stir until cheese melts. Stir in whipping cream, salt, mace, and pepper; cool completely.
- Beat eggs lightly; add baking powder, and beat until well blended. Fold egg mixture into grits mixture. Spoon into a lightly greased 3-quart casserole. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until golden brown. Let soufflé stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note