My husband loved this recipe. He is from the south and I am always looking for easy recipes that feel like home. This was a winner. I used a roasted tomato recipe that called for canned tomatoes (http://powerhungry.com/2013/03/1260/), making it even easier. I will make these grits again!
Cheese Grits and Roasted Tomatoes
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup uncooked stone-ground yellow grits
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup finely grated extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- Roasted Tomatoes
- Garnish: fresh chives
- 1. Bring first 3 ingredients and 3 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in grits, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Fold in both cheeses, stirring until melted; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter. Top with Roasted Tomatoes.
- Note: Add up to 1/4 cup water after cooking grits, if desired, for a thinner consistency.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note