Cheese Grits (Mary Green's)
- 1 cup(s) Quick Grits
- 4 cup(s) Water
- 1 stick(s) Butter
- 5 whole(s) Eggs Beaten
- 1 block(s) Mild Cheddar Cheese 8 oz grated
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Tabasco sauce
- 1 Paprika (dash)
- Prepare grits (grits + water + salt) according to instructions. I always spray the pan with Pan.
- Add butter, beat in eggs, add cheese, tabasco sauce, then paprika.
- I add instead of Tabasco , 1 tsp cajun seasoning. Also garlic powder could be added for garlic grits.
- Pour grits into a greased oblong pan (I use pyrex or corning ware). Bake at 350 deg. for 40 minutes. Grits will set up and can be sliced with a knife or spooned out with a spoon.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by las1953 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note