Cheese Grits Crust Batter
This recipe goes with Barbecue Pot Pie with Cheese Grits Crust
Yield: Makes 1 (13X9 inch) crust
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Bring water and milk to boil in a large saucepan; add grits, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper; remove from heat.
- Stir about one-fourth of grits mixture gradually into beaten eggs; add to remaining grits mixture, stirring constantly.
- Spoon hot grits mixture evenly over hot Barbecue Pot Pie mixture. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables