Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) shredded cave aged Gruyere
- 1/2 pound(s) shredded Emmentaler
- 1/2 pound(s) shredded red wax Gouda
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 1 cup(s) white wine
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- freshly ground pepper
- Cut the garlic clove in half. Rub the inside of the fondue pot or small crock pot with garlic. Add the wine and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer over low heat. Mix shredded cheese with cornstarch. Add the cheese mixture all at once to the wine. Using a wooden spoon, stir over moderately low heat just until cheese is melted and smooth (5-10 minutes). Add the nutmeg and ground pepper to taste. Set over low flame to keep fondue melted (or on low setting of crock pot).
- Dip baguette, salami, pickles, broccoli flowerettes, apples, etc. in the fondue.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Margareta and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
cheese fondue Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers