Cheese-Filled Eggplant Rolls
Thin slices of tender baked eggplant filled with cheese and baked in marinara sauce make a satisfying meal.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 18.7g
- Saturated fat: 8.1g
- Protein: 13.9g
- Carbohydrate: 14.8g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 706mg
- Calories from fat: 62%
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Calcium: 194mg
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound), trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup bottled marinara sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Cut eggplant lengthwise into 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Place eggplant slices on pan; brush slices with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until tender; cover and keep warm.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°.
- Spread 2/3 cup sauce in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine ricotta cheese, goat cheese, and parsley in a small bowl. Spread 2 tablespoons ricotta mixture onto each eggplant slice. Roll up slices, and place, seam sides down, in dish. Spoon remaining 1/3 cup sauce evenly over rolls, and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes; uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note