- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound), trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup bottled marinara sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- calories 270
- fat 18.7 g
- satfat 8.1 g
- protein 13.9 g
- carbohydrate 14.8 g
- cholesterol 34 mg
- iron 0.9 mg
- sodium 706 mg
- caloriesfromfat 62 %
- fiber 3.9 g
- calcium 194 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Cut eggplant lengthwise into 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices.
Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Place eggplant slices on pan; brush slices with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until tender; cover and keep warm.
Reduce oven temperature to 375°.
Spread 2/3 cup sauce in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine ricotta cheese, goat cheese, and parsley in a small bowl. Spread 2 tablespoons ricotta mixture onto each eggplant slice. Roll up slices, and place, seam sides down, in dish. Spoon remaining 1/3 cup sauce evenly over rolls, and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes; uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly.