- 2 cups finely grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Ground red pepper or hot sauce to taste
- 1 (16-oz.) package firm white sandwich bread slices
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°. Beat cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Beat in cream and next 5 ingredients.
Cut crusts from bread slices; cut each bread slice into 4 squares. Spread cheese mixture on half of bread squares (about 1 tsp. per square); top each with 1 remaining square. Spread remaining cheese mixture over top and sides of sandwiches. Place sandwiches, 1 inch apart, on a lightly greased baking sheet.
Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Note: We tested with Pepperidge Farm White Sandwich Bread.