- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 28 pitted dates
- 28 pecan halves
- 1 egg white
- Sifted powdered sugar (optional)
- Combine cheese, flour, salt, pepper, and butter; mix well. Set aside.
- Make a lengthwise slit in each date and stuff with a pecan half. Press about 2 teaspoons cheese mixture around each date, covering completely. Chill at least 30 minutes.
- Remove dates from refrigerator, and brush with egg white. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove dates to a wire rack; cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers