I never would have thought something this simple would be this good! Absolutely inhaled at my NYE party. Definitely a keeper! I was shocked to see that 3 ounces of prosciutto is $6, so I wiki'd prosciutto, saw that it is made similarly to Virginia ham, and bought myself a whole pound of Virginia ham for $6 instead. I used cocktail rye in the cellophane pack for ease.
Cheese Crostini with Prosciutto
This fast, simple appetizer complements pastas, soups, and salads. You can grate the cheese for the crostini in advance.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 piece)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 127
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 7.2g
- Carbohydrate: 16.6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 442mg
- Calcium: 78mg
- 6 (1-ounce) slices ciabatta bread
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Place bread on a baking sheet. Broil 1 minute or until lightly browned. Rub 1 side of each bread slice with cut half of garlic. Discard garlic. Sprinkle cheese evenly over bread. Broil 1 minute or until cheese melts. Divide prosciutto evenly over bread. Sprinkle evenly with pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers