I have made this recipe several times to go with various Mexican Meals, and It has quickly become a family favorite. I usually make chicken enchiladas, Mexican Beans and the Cheese and Chorizo Casserole. This meal is always a hit with my Family and Friends...
Cheese and Chorizo Casserole
- 1 cup Mahatma® or Carolina® White Rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 package (12 oz) chorizo, casing removed
- non-stick cooking spray
- 8 ounces queso fresco, crumbled and divided
- Prepare rice as per package directions. Preheat oven to 350° F. Heat oil over medium heat in a large non-stick skillet. Add garlic, bell pepper and onion. Sauté 2 minutes. Add chorizo and cook 10 more minutes, or until chorizo is fully cooked. Stir in cooked rice. Coat a 9- x 13-inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place 1/2 rice mixture in dish, top with 1/2 cheese. Repeat layer of rice and cheese. Cover and bake 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This