Cheese Bread Bites
Make up a double batch of these yummy bites to have on hand for unexpected company...or for yourself for snacking! They're a handy snack because you can bake just a few at a time when you want them.
- 1 12-oz. loaf French bread, crusts trimmed
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 2 (3-oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 4 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Optional: marinara sauce
- Cut bread into one-inch cubes; set aside. Melt butter and cheeses in a double boiler over low heat, stirring often. Remove from heat; fold in egg whites.
- Dip bread cubes into cheese mixtures; set on greased baking sheets. Place in freezer until frozen; remove from baking sheets and store in plastic zipping bags in the freezer up to one month.
- To serve, bake frozen at 400° for 12 minutes on greased baking sheets. Serve with marinara sauce, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheese Bread Bites Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch