Sunset MAY 1997
1. With a spoon, bruise shallots, garlic, and thyme; add oil and vinegar. Set aside 20 minutes or up to 4 hours.
2. Slice baguette 1/4 inch thick on a sharp diagonal to make pieces 3 to 6 inches long. Reserve ends for another use. Toast until golden; set aside.
3. Mix goat cheese, parmesan, egg, and cream. Stir in basil, chives, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Divide berries among 4 shallow ramekins (each about 6 oz.). Cover fruit with cheese mixture. Set ramekins on a baking pan. Place nuts in a 9-inch pie pan.
5. Place ramekins and nuts in a 350° oven. Bake nuts until golden, about 10 minutes, and cheese mixture until set when shaken, about 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, pour the oil mixture through a fine strainer into a large bowl, pressing the aromatics. Discard residue. To oil mixture, add salad greens, and mix. Mound salad on 4 dinner plates. Set ramekins alongside and sprinkle cheese and salad with nuts. Serve with baguette slices. Season with salt and pepper.
Go to Full Version of