Cheese and Blackberry Ramekins
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 470
- Calories from fat: 57%
- Protein: 15g
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 8.5g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Sodium: 498mg
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, about 3 inches
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 baguette (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1/4 pound fresh chèvre (goat) cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Salt and pepper
- About 1 cup blackberries, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup walnut halves or pieces
- 2 quarts (8 to 10 oz.) tender salad leaves, rinsed and crisped
- 1. With a spoon, bruise shallots, garlic, and thyme; add oil and vinegar. Set aside 20 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- 2. Slice baguette 1/4 inch thick on a sharp diagonal to make pieces 3 to 6 inches long. Reserve ends for another use. Toast until golden; set aside.
- 3. Mix goat cheese, parmesan, egg, and cream. Stir in basil, chives, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4. Divide berries among 4 shallow ramekins (each about 6 oz.). Cover fruit with cheese mixture. Set ramekins on a baking pan. Place nuts in a 9-inch pie pan.
- 5. Place ramekins and nuts in a 350° oven. Bake nuts until golden, about 10 minutes, and cheese mixture until set when shaken, about 15 minutes.
- 6. Meanwhile, pour the oil mixture through a fine strainer into a large bowl, pressing the aromatics. Discard residue. To oil mixture, add salad greens, and mix. Mound salad on 4 dinner plates. Set ramekins alongside and sprinkle cheese and salad with nuts. Serve with baguette slices. Season with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes