This was even better than expected! It really was quite easy to make, and the only modification I made was keeping the parmesan at just 1/4 c. It tastes very breakfasty so would also work great for a brunch party.
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 298
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 863mg
- Calcium: 286mg
- 1 (16-ounce) container 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 (14- x 9-inch) sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a food processor or blender, purée cottage cheese and egg 1 minute or until very smooth. Transfer to a bowl; stir in scallions and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) until well-combined.
- 2. Brush bottom of 9-inch pie plate with 1 teaspoon oil. Stack 2 phyllo sheets together; brush with 2 1/2 teaspoons oil. Place in pie plate with the sides hanging over. Repeat with remaining phyllo and 2 1/2 teaspoons oil, alternating direction of layers.
- 3. Spoon cheese mixture into pie plate. Pull phyllo overhang in about 2 inches all around, leaving center of pie exposed. Brush top with remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil.
- 4. Place pan on a baking sheet, and bake 1 hour or until cheese is set and edges are lightly browned. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This