- 1 (16-ounce) container 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 (14- x 9-inch) sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- calories 298
- fat 14 g
- satfat 4 g
- monofat 7 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 21 g
- carbohydrate 22 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 76 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 863 mg
- calcium 286 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°. In a food processor or blender, purée cottage cheese and egg 1 minute or until very smooth. Transfer to a bowl; stir in scallions and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) until well-combined.
Brush bottom of 9-inch pie plate with 1 teaspoon oil. Stack 2 phyllo sheets together; brush with 2 1/2 teaspoons oil. Place in pie plate with the sides hanging over. Repeat with remaining phyllo and 2 1/2 teaspoons oil, alternating direction of layers.
Spoon cheese mixture into pie plate. Pull phyllo overhang in about 2 inches all around, leaving center of pie exposed. Brush top with remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil.
Place pan on a baking sheet, and bake 1 hour or until cheese is set and edges are lightly browned. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.