- 5 to 6 oz. mild, creamy goat cheese or cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf (about 8 oz.) Italian bread
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- calories 173
- fat 10 g
- satfat 4 g
- protein 6 g
- carbohydrate 15 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 8 mg
- sodium 262 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°F. In a small bowl, stir together goat cheese, 1 Tbsp. parsley and pepper until thoroughly combined. In a medium bowl, stir together tomatoes, 2 tsp. olive oil, salt and 1 1/2 tsp. parsley.
Slice off and discard ends of bread. Slice loaf diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices and place on a baking sheet. Toast in oven until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Rub 1 side of each toast slice with cut side of garlic. Brush with remaining olive oil.
Just before serving, spread toast slices with cheese mixture and top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle remaining 1 1/2 tsp. parsley on top.