Cheese and Green Chiles Biscuits
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 cup(s) cold butter
- 1 cup(s) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounce(s) diced green chiles drained and patted dry with paper towel
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/2 cup(s) whole milk
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- COMBINE flour, salt, cream of tartar, baking powder and baking soda. Layer flour mixture and cold butter cut into 8 chunks into a food processor. Process until the texture is like cornmeal. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- STIR in shredded cheddar cheese and green chiles. Mix thoroughly.
- Add beaten eggs and sour cream. Mix well.
- Add milk. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- DROP biscuits by the Tablespoon onto a greased baking sheet. (12 to a sheet) Sprinkly tops of biscuits with shredded cheese.
- BAKE at 425 degrees F for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- This makes 12 large biscuits or 18 to 24 smaller biscuits.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by GeorgiaRaby and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note