Excellent recipe. I have a small family, so when eating this at home instead of making for a potluck/brunch with friends, I changed it a bit. I cut the recipe in half and used a 1.5 quart casserole dish. I didn't start it the night before, I just let the mixture sit in the fridge for 30-45 min, then I baked it for 50-60 min at 350 F. I used green onions (cheaper), sharp cheddar, and some generic caesar croutons - worked out great!
- 3 cups seasoned croutons
- 15 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or frozen chives
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Place croutons in a 13- x 9-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Whisk together eggs and next 5 ingredients; stir in cheese. Pour over croutons. Cover and chill 8 hours, stirring once.
- Uncover casserole, and stir.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note