Excellent dish! I made it the night before and baked it in the morning. It took about 45 minutes in my oven. I used herb flavored croutons. I added about 3/4 cup of fresh salsa. It was a hit at a retirement breakfast at work. Everyone requested the recipe.
- 3 cups seasoned croutons
- 15 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or frozen chives
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Place croutons in a 13- x 9-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Whisk together eggs and next 5 ingredients; stir in cheese. Pour over croutons. Cover and chill 8 hours, stirring once.
- Uncover casserole, and stir.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch