Cheerwine BBQ Sauce
From My Carolina Kitchen
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) Cheerwine
- Combine three cups of Cheerwine with:
- 1 1/2 c ketchup,
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- A couple of cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon each of chili powder, ground cumin, dried oregano and paprika.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice,
- a couple of healthy dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about forty-five minutes or until thickened. Allow to cool. To perk up the flavor, add a little squeeze of fresh lemon juice, hot sauce to taste, and check for salt and pepper. Makes two to three cups. Use to baste pork or chicken during the last fifteen to twenty minutes of grilling. Feel free to add your own special touches. That’s the fun of BBQ - making it your own.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EleanorCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheerwine BBQ Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments