Cheddar, vegetable and sausage strata
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 9 1 inch thick slices french bread
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 2 cups(packed) grated sharp cheddar cheese, 8 ounces
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 2x1/4 inch strip
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablsepoons minced onion
- 2 tabelsoons chopped fresh parsley
- Butter 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish. Fit 8 bread slices in prepared dish. Cut remaining bread slice into 1 inch cubes; fit cubes into any empty spaces. Whisk eggs, mustard, basil and salt in medium bowl to blend; whisk in half and half. Ladle custard over bread. Cover; chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350. Sprinkle mixture in dish with black pepper. Top with half of cheese, then bell pepper, tomatoes, sausage, onion and remaining cheese. Cover loosely with foil. Bake 20 minutes. Remove foil. Bake until strata is set and springy to touch, about 20 minutes longer. Cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by philtoe50 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheddar, vegetable and sausage strata Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes