Who says shortbread has to be sweet? Try this savory shortbread and you'll be seeing stars—cheddar stars.
Yield: Makes 2 1/2 dozen
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Optional: 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- Toss first 7 ingredients together; mix in butter. Mix with your hands to form a dough. Add water if dough feels too dry. On a floured surface, roll out half the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with a 2 1/2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Reroll scraps and repeat with the remaining dough. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove to a rack to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads