Cheddar, Red Onion, and Sage Biscuits
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 194
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Protein: 5.1g
- Carbohydrate: 25.8g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 344mg
- Calcium: 147mg
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup (1.3 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in cheese, onion, and sage. Add milk to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
- 3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 4 to 5 times. Pat or roll dough to a 1-inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Place biscuits 2 inches apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Coat tops of biscuits with cooking spray.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads