Cheddar Potato Soup
This is a quick and easy soup to make. The recipe is based on one from a Cooking Light cook book. I serve it with crumbled bacon bits, chives, and extra cheese--all on the side to top off the soup. The shredded potatoes can be found in the refrigerator section of supermarkets. I've used regular and spicy hash browns and both were good.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 32 ounce(s) Chicke Broth
- 5 cup(s) Shredded (hash brown) real potatoes Purchase shredded
- 1 cup(s) Onion Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) Flour
- 12 ounce(s) Evaporated skim milk Can
- 4 ounce(s) Reduced fat cheddar cheese Shredded
- 1/3 cup(s) green onions Chopped
- Combine Chicken Broth, Shredded Hash Brown potatoes, Onion, salt and pepper in a Dutch oven. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Combine flour and milk in a small bowl. Stir until smooth. Add to potato mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- In batches, pour potato mixture into a blender. Process until smooth.
- Return mixture to Dutch oven. Add cheese. Cook over medium heat until cheese melts.
- Ladle into bowls. Top with green onion and or/crumbled bacon or additional cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Chris0115 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheddar Potato Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews