- 2 (16-ounce) cans no-salt-added chicken broth
- 5 cups frozen shredded potato
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion (about 1 large)
- calories 158
- caloriesfromfat 18 %
- fat 3.2 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 10.6 g
- carbohydrate 17.3 g
- fiber 1.2 g
- cholesterol 13 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 623 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 5 ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
Combine flour and milk in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Add to potato mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened.
Pour half of potato mixture into container of an electric blender; cover and process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Pour into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining half of potato mixture.
Return mixture to Dutch oven. Add cheese; cook over medium heat, stirring until cheese melts. Ladle soup into individual bowls; sprinkle each serving evenly with green onion.