- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together eggs and milk; add to flour mixture, whisking until smooth. Stir in cheese.
- Place well-greased popover pans or 8-ounce custard cups in a 450° oven 3 minutes or until a drop of water sizzles when dropped in them. Remove pans from oven; spoon batter into pans, filling three-fourths full.
- Bake on lowest oven rack at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°, and bake 10 minutes. Turn oven off. Cut a small slit in popover tops; return to oven, and let stand 5 minutes with oven door closed. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This