- 6 medium pears, peeled, cored, and sliced (about 7 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Cheddar Cheese Pastry
How to Make It
Toss pear slices with lemon juice in a large bowl; add sugar and next 4 ingredients, tossing gently to combine. Spoon pear mixture into a greased 10" x 6" x 2" baking dish; dot with butter.
Roll Cheddar Cheese Pastry out on a lightly floured surface to a 10" x 6" rectangle; cut lengthwise into 1/2" strips. Arrange strips in a lattice design over pear mixture; trim excess pastry as needed.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until pastry is golden.