Keep a stash of these savory biscotti in your desk drawer for a quick snack. They'd also be good with soup or chili. They'll keep up to a week stored in an airtight container.
Yield: 24 servings (serving size: 1 biscotto)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 91
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 12.8g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 173mg
- Calcium: 62mg
- 2 3/4 cups flour (about 12 1/3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) extrasharp reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato pieces
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 8 ingredients (through basil) in a large bowl.
- Combine milk, oil, eggs, and egg white; stir with a whisk. Add milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring until well blended. (Dough will be crumbly and slightly dry.)
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 7 times. Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into an 8-inch-long roll. Place rolls, 6 inches apart, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; flatten to 1-inch thickness. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove from baking sheet; cool 10 minutes on wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- Cut each roll diagonally into 12 (1/2-inch) slices; stand slices upright on baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes (cookies will be slightly soft in center but will harden as they cool). Remove from baking sheet; cool completely on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads