Cheddar and Hot Mustard Sandwiches
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) jar hot mustard (we tested with Inglehoffer)
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 12 slices pumpernickel bread, crusts removed (we tested with Pepperidge Farm)
- 12 slices sourdough bread, crusts removed (we tested with Cobblestone Mill)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl; stir well. Spread about 3 tablespoons cheese mixture onto each pumpernickel bread slice. Top each with a sourdough bread slice. Cut each sandwich into four squares. Arrange sandwiches on a serving platter, some pumpernickel side up and some sourdough side up.
- Polka-Dot Sandwiches: To make sandwiches more artistic, cut 4 small circles from each pumpernickel slice and 4 small circles from each sourdough slice using a 3/4" to 1" biscuit cutter. Place the white sourdough circles in holes in pumpernickel. Place the brown pumpernickel circles in the holes n the sourdough slices. Assemble sandwiches as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheddar and Hot Mustard Sandwiches Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers