Cheddar Corn Spoonbread
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 cup(s) whole milk
- 1.5 cup(s) corn kernels
- 0.66 cup(s) yellow cornmeal
- coarse salt
- cayenne pepper
- 3 ounce(s) sharp white cheddar finely grated
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°. Butter a 2-quart baking dish. In a large
- saucepan, combine butter, milk, corn, cornmeal. 1 teaspoon
- salt, and pinch of cayenne. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium
- and simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture is slightly
- thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
- Let cool just until warm to the touch, 15 minutes. Stir in egg
- yolks until combined.
- 2 In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites and
- pinch of salt on high until soft peaks form. With a rubber spatula,
- stir one-third the whites into corn mixture until combined, then
- gently fold in remaining whites. Pour into dish.
- 3 Place dish in oven; reduce heat to 375°. Bake until browned
- on top and slightly loose in center, about 30 minutes. Let cool
- slightly before serving .
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JanetDMiller and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheddar Corn Spoonbread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads