very bland, even after adding extra cheese and salt. Would not make again
Cheddar Cheese Soup
Flecks of chopped carrot and green pepper peek beneath velvety Cheddar Cheese Soup. The cheese soup gets a slight kick with the addition of ground red pepper.
More From Southern Living
Total: 35 Minutes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 extra-large chicken bouillon cube
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (8-oz.) block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1. Melt butter in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat; add carrots and next 4 ingredients, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle flour over vegetable mixture, and stir until coated. Stir in bouillon cube, milk, and 3 cups water; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 to 11 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly.
- 2. Add shredded cheese and red pepper, stirring until well blended. Serve immediately.
- The Sandwich: Layer guacamole, tomato slices sprinkled with salt and pepper, bacon slices, and arugula between whole grain bread slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note