Cheddar Cheese Soufflé
This French-inspired Cheddar Cheese Soufflé will bake up light and fluffy and can be served for brunch or as a savory side dish.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and pale. Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot mixture into egg yolks; stir into remaining hot mixture. Stir in breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into yolk mixture. Spoon into a 1-quart souffle dish.
- Bake at 325° for 50 minutes or until puffed and golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch