Outstanding. I mixed in cooked, crumbled sausage prior to baking to give it a little more bulk for a brunch event, but this recipe is perfect without changing a thing. Would make a fantastic base for shrimp and grits.
Cheddar Cheese Grits Casserole
More From Southern Living
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bring milk just to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; gradually whisk in butter and grits. Reduce heat, and simmer, whisking constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until grits are done. Remove from heat.
- 2. Stir in egg and next 3 ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Bake, covered, at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until mixture is set. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch