I wasn't a big fan of this casserole. It was easy enough to make and it looked pleasing, but it seemed to be missing something. I will look for a different casserole the next time I want to make grits.
Cheddar Cheese Grits Casserole
This baked cheese grits casserole is perfect for lazy weekend mornings. Just cook the grits in milk and butter, stir in eggs, salt, and pepper, and pop in the oven–it's ready in less than an hour. For other Southern dishes like this one, see our complete collection of Southern recipes.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 40 Minutes
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: parsley sprigs
- Bring milk just to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; gradually whisk in butter and grits. Reduce heat, and simmer, whisking constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until grits are done. Remove from heat.
- Stir in egg and next 3 ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until mixture is set. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note