Cheddar Cheese Chowder
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 small green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Scrape and thinly slice carrots; finely chop celery, onion, and green bell pepper.
- Melt butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat; add vegetables and garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth and milk; cook 5 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Add shredded cheese, salt, and pepper, stirring until well blended. Stir in additional milk, if necessary, to reach desired consistency. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews