- 1 cauliflower, cut into flowerets
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) can French-fried onions, crushed and divided
How to Make It
Arrange cauliflower in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place in a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
Melt butter in a heavy sauce-pan over low heat; whisk in flour, whisking until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Add cheese and next 4 ingredients, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in 1 1/2 cups crushed onions. Pour mixture over cauliflower.
Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining crushed onions, and bake 5 more minutes.