Cheddar Beer Bread
- 1 (16-ounce) box hot roll mix
- 3/4 cup warm beer (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons light stick butter (such as Land O' Lakes), softened
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- Cooking spray
- Combine contents of roll mix box and enclosed yeast packet in a large bowl; stir well. Add warm beer, butter, egg, and 2/3 cup cheese to flour mixture; stir to form a soft dough. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes). Place bowl over dough to cover; let rest 5 minutes.
- Shape dough into a ball; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 minutes or until dough is doubled in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle top of bread with remaining 1/3 cup cheese, and bake an additional 5 minutes. Cool slightly; cut into 12 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note