Cheddar and bacon belong together. Serve this crowd-pleasing dish as an appetizer at your next party.
Yield: Makes 2 dozen balls
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 8-oz. pkg. Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot banana pepper rings
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- assorted crackers
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain, reserving one tablespoon drippings. In a blender or food processor, blend cheese, butter, parsley, green onions and pepper rings.
- Add bacon and reserved drippings; process until bacon is finely chopped. Chill mixture 3 hours, or until firm. Form mixture into one-inch balls. Roll balls in chopped pecans.
- Store in refrigerator up to 2 days before serving. Serve with crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note