Cheddar, Bacon, and Apple with Mustard on Country Wheat Bread
Charles E. Walton IV
- 4 large slices country wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground or whole grain mustard
- 6 ounces grated Cheddar (such as aged Vermont Cheddar)
- 6 slices extra-thick bacon, cooked
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Spread each bread slice evenly with mustard. Arrange half of cheese and all of the bacon and apple slices on 2 bread slices. Top with remaining cheese and bread slices, and press together gently.
- 2. Melt butter in large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sandwiches to pan, and cook, pressing down with back of spatula, 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until cheese melts and bread is golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches