- 1.7 ounces potato starch (about 1/3 cup)
- 1.4 ounces tapioca flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 2 pounds Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cooking spray
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup) and divided
- 1 tablespoon chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup certified gluten-free quick-cooking oats
- 4 ounces gluten-free arrowroot cookies
- 4 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- calories 250
- fat 9.5 g
- satfat 5.4 g
- monofat 2.3 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 2.7 g
- carbohydrate 42.5 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- cholesterol 25 mg
- iron 0.6 mg
- sodium 250 mg
- calcium 53 mg
How to Make It
To prepare crust, weigh or lightly spoon potato starch and flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine potato starch, flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, and salt in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add milk; toss with a fork until moist. Gently press mixture into a 4-inch circle on 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap that overlap; cover with additional overlapping plastic wrap. Chill 1 hour.
To prepare filling, place apples, and next 7 ingredients (through nutmeg) in a large bowl; toss to combine.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Roll dough, still covered, into a 12-inch circle. Fit dough, plastic wrap side up, into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Remove remaining plastic wrap. Press dough against bottom and sides of pan. Fold edges under or flute decoratively.
Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over piecrust. Spoon apple mixture over cheese; top with 1 tablespoon butter pieces. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
To prepare topping, place 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor; process until combined. Add oats, cookies, and 4 tablespoons butter; pulse 2 times or until crumbly. Remove pie from oven; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese and topping, pressing gently to adhere. Bake an additional 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.